This is a collection of some of our members’ tutorials and our favorite links to other PC artists’ work, projects, and sites. Browse and enjoy!
“15 Minutes of Fame” presentations
- Faux Mokume Gane Technique – July ’14: Grace demonstrated the technique posted here (http://pinklily.canalblog.com/archives/2014/02/26/29298380.html). The text is mostly in French, but there are inline translations in English for much of it and the pictures are fairly clear. You can also open the page using Google Chrome and click the Translate button if you wish to see the full text.
- Polymer clay origami cranes – Feb 09: How to fold a polymer clay crane, based on Judy Dunn’s Peace Crane video, by Heather Tinkham
– Polymer clay crane handout
– YouTube video on Polymer Clay cranes, part 1, by Judy Dunn
– Judy’s Peace Crane site
Members’ favorite Polymer Clay related sites
Canes and Millefiori
- Layl’s How a Cane is Built
- Donna Kato’s tips on Conditioning, Color mixing, Tool tips, Techniques, Safety and Storage.
- Barbara McGuire’s video on building a Dragonfly Wing cane, including how to design a cane from pictures of an item
- Color Mixing chart for Kato Polyclay
- Shades of Clay page on color mixing with Kato Polyclay and Concentrates
- A Pinterest board on color mixing recipes- this is a serious collection of links for lots of clay types (Pardo, Fimo, Premo, and Kato at least)!
- If you want to know how to mix the newest popular colors for a given season & year, the Crafts by Chris site has mixing directions for sale for Premo and Kato clay.
- Polymer Clay Central’s list of Faux Techniques tutorials
Image Transfer and Decoupage
- CraftArtEdu’s free video tutorial on Laser Printer Transfers
- Willowbird Studio’s video tutorial on using Liquid Polymer Clay and Inkjet images
- Barbara McGuire’s YouTube video on custom bails for polymer clay
Liquid Polymer Clay (Kato Liquid Polyclay (KLP), Translucent Liquid Sculpey (TLS))
- Scupley’s tutorial page on TLS
- See above for the Image Transfers tutorial from Willowbird Studios
- Tutorial for Mica Shift technique (with and without slicing!)
- to be filled in!
- Barbara McGuire’s free YouTube video on Gold Leaf Mokume Gane is a wonderful taste of what you can see in her full DVD.
- There are many, many more tutorials and pages about this technique out there that use a lot of different approaches. This Pinterest page of mokume gane images is a great place to start!
- Kato Clear Medium + gel pens bead project at HGTV (pictured at right)
- to be filled in!
- Donna Kato’s Techniques pages
- Sculpey Institute’s tutorial on Skinner Blends
Stamping and Molds
- Lisa Pavelka’s guide to using texture stamps
- Maureen Carlson’s video on using her Designer Push Molds. She has molds and her book available through her website, weefolk.com, if you want to see her full selection!
- Polymeri Online blog post on things you can do with a clay gun (June 2008)
Vessels and Objects
- HGTV project for a clay inro box / necklace by Emi Fukushima
- Polymer Cafe – a great magazine dedicated to PC!
- Maggie Maggio’s tutorials on Colors and polymer clay. This is SO much more than just the basic color wheel. You may not agree with everything she says, but she does provoke thought about just how we react to and use colors. Just take a look at her galleries to see amazing color sense in action.
- Polymer clay Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/polymerclaytoday/